By G?ran Husman, Christian St?hl
Written through a four-time SharePoint MVP, Beginning SharePoint 2010 Administration examines the diversities among SharePoint starting place (SPF) and SharePoint Server (SPS) and indicates you ways to exploit all SharePoint 2010's many advancements. acceptable for specialists and IT pros who have to know how to plot, enforce, and configure SharePoint, directors and the help group that needs to understand how to regulate SharePoint, and IT managers and venture leaders it assumes no past wisdom of SharePoint.
What This ebook Covers
- building an SPF-based answer and uncomplicated SPS resolution functionality
- how SharePoint 2010 integrates with MS workplace that is vital for record management
- managing content material, specially websites administration utilizing wiki pages, integration with offline ideas like MS Outlook and SharePoint Workspace, and dealing with multilingual sites
- Managing and profiting from SPS positive aspects for a user's own My web site, either for private use and for collaboration and data sharing
- permissions, templates, seek and indexing, and the way to control SharePoint 2010 with PowerShell and STSA
- how to customise SPF and SPS websites with SharePoint fashion designer 2010 and configure and layout internet pages
- how to customise internet elements, together with Silverlight-based media net parts
- how to backup after which fix files, lists, websites, web site collections, and entire SharePoint farms, utilizing SharePoint significant management, PowerShell, and STSADM
- how to plot and enforce SharePoint beginning 2010 and the way to improve from WSS 3.0
- how to devise and enforce SharePoint Server 2010, together with find out how to improve and migrate from MOSS 2007.
- how to configure and deal with a newly created SPF or SPS 2010 environment
Read or Download Beginning SharePoint 2010 Administration: Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 PDF
Similar microsoft books
Written for business-minded and skilled place of work clients, this task-oriented advisor is going on to the base line, revealing optimum how you can practice serious, hard projects. After fifteen years of educating humans the best way to be extra effective with workplace, Courter and Marquis understand clients' FAQs and comprehend how you use Office-as an built-in suite instead of as a suite of separate purposes.
The outdated "80/20" rule for software program - that eighty percentage of clients use purely 20 percentage of a program's gains - does not observe to Microsoft Excel. in its place, this software operates lower than what can be referred to as the "95/5" rule: ninety five percentage of Excel clients use a trifling five percentage of the program's good points. so much of these clients be aware of that they can be getting extra out of Excel by utilizing extra of its instructions and innovations, yet are not certain the place to begin.
This finished e-book prepares you for Microsoft's new certification, MCTS: Microsoft trade Server 2007. examination 70-236 serves as either the one examination requirement for attaining the MCTS designation in addition to the access examination for the MCITP certification for alternate Server 2007. inside of, you will discover the sensible and in-depth guide you wish, together with complete assurance of all examination targets, useful hands-on routines, real-world eventualities, hard evaluation questions, and extra.
Additional info for Beginning SharePoint 2010 Administration: Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
In a production environment, you need at least 4GB for the SharePoint server alone, and then at least 2GB for the SQL Server — this configuration is okay for an organization with about 100 users. For better performance, you should consider running SharePoint and SQL Server on separate servers, with 8GB and 4GB of memory, respectively. The CPU is also an important factor, especially when using SharePoint Server, because the indexing feature requires a lot of CPU resources. The network performance is crucial, because it directly affects the client’s perception of the performance.
SharePoint is a great tool to help you create an intranet. ” Beneﬁts of a SharePoint Intranet Using SharePoint for your intranet has many advantages. indd 23 Content management: SharePoint Server has greatly improved the content management features introduced in previous versions of SharePoint Server. These enhanced features are based on the wiki functionality and allow you to edit web content much easier than 4/30/10 3:41:59 PM 24 ❘ CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION TO MICROSOFT SHAREPOINT 2010 before, while still having full control over the content.
SharePoint Server 2010 SharePoint Server 2010 uses the same types of web sites and features as SharePoint Foundation but adds a lot of functionality. indd 8 ➤ Use the global search functionality to fi nd any type of information, regardless of type and location, based on content or metadata properties. ➤ Use Social Search to fi nd people based on their typical activities and interests. ➤ Target displayed information to one or more user groups. ➤ Import user properties from AD, and make them searchable.