By Cesario V. Borlongan, Ole Isacson, Paul R. Sanberg
An authoritative survey of the newest clinical proof exhibiting how cyclosporin, FK-506, and their analogs-the neuroimmunophilins-evolved from being only immunosuppressant "drugs" to neuroprotective "agents". The publication makes a speciality of contemporary preclinical facts that demonstrates the neurotrophic/neuroprotective results of immunosuppressants whilst administered by myself or while mixed with neural transplantation treatment in animal versions of neurological problems. It additionally discusses their efficacy and mechanisms of motion in vitro and in vivo versions of CNS affliction, and gives laboratory stories with compelling medical symptoms for Alzheimer's affliction, Huntington's illness, stroke, nerve-racking mind harm, spinal twine harm, ALS, sciatic nerve damage, and drug dependancy.
Read Online or Download Immunosuppressant Analogs in Neuroprotection PDF
Best neurosurgery books
This article is a compilation via a school of across the world famous specialist authors to supply info at the uncomplicated wisdom and scientific administration required for optimum care of neurosurgical sufferers. The textual content is an updated synopsis of the sector of neurosurgery from a world standpoint which covers the most typical scientific stipulations encountered via neurosurgeons.
Either a theoretic text-book and a descriptive atlas, this usual reference within the box of pediatric neurosurgery provides uncomplicated medical techniques and surgical strategies in a step by step type. The neuro-imaging crucial either to scientific analysis and surgical making plans are set into the textual content in a consequential demeanour, endeavoring to facilitate visible retention and spatial orientation.
Neuro-oncology has developed considerably as a medical and study self-discipline over the last few many years. melanoma Neurology in scientific perform: Neurologic issues of melanoma and its remedy, moment variation offers clinicians from quite a few backgrounds and degrees of educating with a connection with support concentration the differential analysis, remedy approach, and administration plan for the melanoma sufferer with neurologic signs and findings.
Crucial prep for upkeep of certification assessments in addition to neurosurgery boardsComprehensive, yet sufficiently small to tackle rounds, the up to date moment version of this well known neurosurgical board evaluate presents a powerful learn spouse for the yankee Board of Neurological surgical procedure (ABNS) basic exam.
- Trauma: Conventional Radiological Study in Spine Injury
- Movement disorder surgery: the essentials
- If I Only Had a Brain: Deconstructing Brain Injury (New Approaches in Sociology: Studies in Social Inequality, Social Changes, and Social Justice)
- The Amygdaloid Nuclear Complex: Anatomic Study of the Human Amygdala
- Handbook of Complex Percutaneous Carotid Intervention (Contemporary Cardiology)
Extra info for Immunosuppressant Analogs in Neuroprotection
67. Sehgal SN, Baker H, Vezina C. Rapamycin (AY-22,989), a new antifungal antibiotic. II. Fermentation, isolation and characterization. J Antibiot (Tokyo) 1975;28:727–732. 68. Kahan BD. Immunosuppressive agents acting upon lymphokine synthesis and signal transduction. Clin Transplantation 1993;7:113–125. 69. Kelly PA, Gruber SA, Behbod F, Kahan BD. Sirolimus, a new, potent immunosuppressive agent. Pharmacotherapy 1997;17:1148–1156. 70. Morris RE. Rapamycin: antifungal, antitumor, antiproliferative, and immunosuppressive macrolides.
Brain Res 1997;753:133–140. 2. Uchino H, Elmér E, Uchino K, et al. Cyclosporin A dramatically ameliorates CA1 hippocampal damage following transient forebrain ischaemia in the rat. Acta Physiol Scand 1995;155:469–471. 3. Uchino H, Elmér E, Uchino K, et al. Amelioration by cyclosporin A of brain damage in transient forebrain ischemia in the rat. Brain Res 1998;812: 216–226. 4. Kalderon N, Alfieri AA, Fuks Z. Beneficial effects of x-irradiation on recovery of lesioned mammalian central nervous tissue.
Two cytoplasmic candidates for immunophilin action are revealed by affinity for a new cyclophilin: one in the presence and one in the absence of CsA. Cell 1991;66:799–806. 49. , et al. Neural actions of immunophilin ligands. Trends Pharmacol Sci 1998;19:21–26. 50. Myers BD. Cyclosporine nephrotoxicity. Kidney Int 1986;30:964–974. 51. Thompson CB, June CH, Sullivan KM, Thomas ED. Association between cyclosporin neurotoxicity and hypomagnesaemia. Lancet 1984;2:1116–1120. 52. Lorber MI, Van Buren CT, Flechner SM, et al.